Todd Kemmerer, founding principal of Capitol Equities, will discuss and talk about the renovation of the historic property at 580 North Fourth Street. The 200,000 square foot building was constructed in 1929. The company was founded in Delaware, Ohio, in 1878 by John H. and Thomas F. Smith, and moved to Columbus in 1891. Smith Brothers was the largest hardware supplier in the Midwest during the 1910s. It ceased operations in 1983. Capitol Equities orchestrated and oversaw the redevelopment of the then-vacant building in 1997 with the renovation planned around keeping the building’s original historic value and incorporating new technology. It opened to its first office tenant in 1998 and has been 100 percent occupied consistently since its redevelopment. Visitors will be given a tour of the building and will reconvene in the lobby for a question and answer session before having an opportunity to go up to the Juniper, the new rooftop bar, restaurant and event space with a view of downtown Columbus, afterwards. Free on-site parking is available for the event after 5 p.m. in even numbered spaces in the adjoining lot.
Free and open to the public! Reservations are required.